Customer Header

Image Map

Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Hidden Perk of Teaching!

Who's with me in saying they have always wanted to be a teacher? I think teaching is one of those professions you are born wanting to do. I have never wanted to be anything else, and am so happy I followed my heart and am doing what I love! It is forever changing, with every year a little different, which makes it exciting. There is no other job out there that you get that "first day of school" feeling every year!

What I did not know when I became a teacher was the community that comes with it. NEVER did I ever think I would have the opportunity to share my passion, not only with my colleagues, but the whole teaching community. The world of Teachers Pay Teachers, Instagram, and now blogging, are still so new to me, but as more people follow me and download my hard work, I feel so much gratitude for the opportunity and realization that I am NEVER alone in this journey as a teacher.

With this community of teaching comes the act of sharing. It is truly amazing to see that when teachers find something effective in their classroom they SHARE it.  We have all come across that teacher who is not willing to share that fun activity they do that their students love and this saddens me! If your students love it so will almost all the others - right?!? Everyone's willingness to share has helped me in so many ways. I was able to set up student's desks for open house with the cutest little gift because A Sunny Day in First Grade shares the cutest ideas she has!
I mean really how cute are these Bubble Tags!

Speaking of A Sunny Day in First Grade - yes, be jealous I am lucky enough to work with her - the best hidden perk is the friendships that are started. Teaching has brought me some of my best and newest friends.  They are there for me on the best of best days and the worst of days. The best part is they DON'T JUDGE because they have been there before. We work together and it makes the job easier, smoother, and way more FUN! Way more laughs happen at work when you get to work with your friends.

I hope you have been lucky enough to have gained friendship like I have through teaching and I am excited for the connections I will continue to make through this! So again, and I am sure I will say it one million more times, thank you for following me, supporting me, and being a great community to be a part of!

1 comment:

  1. Tearing up over here!!!!!! <3 The teaching community is the best!!! The friends you make in it are even better! :)

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete